Hummus is easy to make and a lot less expensive than what you can find in the store.
- 1 16-ounce can of garbanzo or other white beans, drained with liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup reserved liquid
- 3-5 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Process until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.
When serving, top with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil if desired.
Serve with pita bread, cucumber, and spinach.
copyright Ida Walker