Repurpose leftover steak and baked potatoes, and turn them into a delicious soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces cooked steak, chopped
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 large baked potato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the onions and sweat until translucent. Gently add the mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, and horseradish. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer on medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and stir in the beef. Heat through.
- Add the baked potato and heat through. If using a still hot baked potato, add to each bowl as garnish.
If you don't have leftover steak or roast beef, cube some raw and brown. Remove from the pot before sweating the onions.
Be cautious when adding Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Start with a small amount and add more if desired.