No eggs? No butter or oil? Don't let that stop you from making a moist and delicious cake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray or grease and flour an 8 X 8 cake pan (round works, too).
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the Miracle Whip,water, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Gently add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a probe inserted into the center comes out clean. Ovens will vary.
This doesn't have to be a chocolate cake. Simple leave out the cocoa. Lime and coconut make a wonderful Miracle Whip cake.
If you must, mayonnaise can be substituted for the Miracle Whip. Do not, however, used something simply called "salad dressing."