Add something special to your dressing or stuffing.
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf, finely crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, sage, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Place the ground pork in a medium bowl, breaking up large chunks.
- Gently incorporate the herb/spice mixture into the pork.
- Take a small amount and cook thoroughly to test for seasoning.
- Cover the pork mixture and refrigerate for at least an hour before adding to dressing/stuffing mixture.
Ground chicken or ground turkey, or a combination of ground meats can be used instead of or along with ground turkey.
Add other herbs/spices to taste.
copyright Ida Walker