Slightly sweet and fruity, this is a nice change from most cheese balls.
Great as either an appetizer or a dessert.
- 11 ounces goat cheese, or other soft cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon clover honey
- 1/8 cup chopped dried dates
- 1/8 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the honey and cheese.
- Add the dates, a few at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add the apricots in the same way.
- Stir in 1/8 cup of the almonds,
- Form into a ball and press in the remaining almonds.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Bring to room temperature for serving.
Any soft cheese will work.
If serving as a dessert, you may want to drizzle the cheese ball with additional honey or some fruit syrup before serving.