A tasty addition as a condiment or on its own.
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped into bite-size pieces.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise (or amount needed to achieve the desired consistency and taste)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- dash celery seed
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Add hot peppers, such as jalapenos and red pepper flakes, to add heat.
Cilantro and parsley are also tasty additions.
copyright Ida Walker