A sweet with a little heat condiment good with poultry and pork. Great on a cracker with cheese, too.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup diced white or red onion
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced finely
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring vinegar and sugars to a boil.
- Add onion, jalapeno, raisins, garlic, ginger, and salt. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add peaches and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and let cool in saucepan for 20 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.
For more heat, leave in the jalapeno seeds or add red pepper flakes.
copyright Ida Walker