A delicious and slightly out of the ordinary way to add flavor.
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers (drained if using jarred)
- 1 cup vegetable or olive oil, or other oil of choice.
- To roast red bell peppers, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Core, seed, and derib pepper. Slice into strips. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place the peppers on the cookie sheet. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, turning twice, or until the skins have wrinkled and darkened (does not need to be completely charred), and the peppers are softened. Put the peppers in a paper bag or covered bowl, and let sit until they are cool to the touch and skins can be removed.
- Place the olive oil and peppers in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer lined with a double layer of cheesecloth or coffee filters.
- Pour into a container, cover, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before using.
- Store in the refrigerator.
*To facilitate steaming after roasting, use aluminum foil larger than the cookie sheet. You can then wrap the peppers in it for steaming after roasting.