Even those who don't really like broccoli may like this soup.
- 1 cup milk, room temperature (anything except skim)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1 small potato, diced and steamed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced small (optional)
- 2 tablespoons radish, alfalfa, or broccoli sprouts (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- (See "Notes" for making in a Vitamix.)
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the reserved steaming liquid into the cream cheese.
- In another bowl or measuring cup, mix 2 tablespoons of reserved steaming liquid into the milk.
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepot. Stir in the cream cheese mixture, broccoli, and potato.
- Heat through, but do not allow it to boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, top with the red bell pepper and sprouts, if desired.
I made this soup in my Vitamix. If using a Vitamix, ingredients should be added to the blender jar in the order listed. This soup is just as good when made on the stove!
Be sure to reserve the steaming liquid.
Though frozen broccoli can be used, fresh is preferred.