Celebrate Pi Day with Brownie 3.14!
- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (not skim)
- scant dash cayenne (optional)
- dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, cayenne (if using) and cinnamon (if using).
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture until moistened.
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Pour into pie shell and bake 20 to 30 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, and the top is dry.
- Let cool and garnish as desired.
Don't rush the creaming process. It's a 4-minute process, no less.
copyright Ida Walker